Nova Mim

Friday, October 03, 2003

I decided to do the Friday Five for the first time in forever:

1. What vehicle do you drive?
Serendipity - a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire

2. How long have you had it?
4 years

3. What is the coolest feature on your vehicle?
I like the stereo and there are buttons for it on the steering wheel which is handy, especially for road trips. Also handy for road trips is the cruise control, which I turn on when my legs get tired and (don't try this at home kids) then I put my legs up on the dashboard to stretch them.

4. What is the most annoying thing about your vehicle?
It's a piece of crap... oh, wait that's probably too general.

Annoying thing #1: It stalls every two months, then takes 5 minutes of revving the gas to get started again. Luckily I can always tell when it's going to happen so that I can quickly pull over or turn into a parking lot. Then it's fine, for at least the next two months. But I'm pretty sure that one day it won't start again. I took it to the dealer to find out what was wrong with it but they couldn't get it to "act up" so they couldn't run the tests. So I went to pick it up and it stalled in their parking lot while the kid was bringing it up front. Unfortunately, he revved the engine to get it started again, so it failed to "act up" for them while they had it for another week and a half.

Annoying thing #2: There's a new recall every few months. Which reminds me, I have to call and schedule the latest one. Something about a bearing coming loose while making left turns at low speeds.

Annoying thing #3: It's not that old and I've had to replace the transmission, the front brakes 2x, the tires 2x, the water pump and a couple other things I'm blocking out in anger right now. Grand total of the added expenses: almost $5000.

Annoying thing #4: I think people like to use it for target practice. This is not really Serendipity's fault. But it has more dings than anyone car should be subjected to. the biggest "ding" of all happened in a parking lot 3 years ago and has an estimated cost of $1500. Needless to say, it's still there. And I hope the bastard who did it and then drove away gets his/hers some day.

Annoying thing #5: The power door locks only work on the passenger side.

5. If money were no object, what vehicle would you be driving right now?
Ah, a if money was no object question... my favorites. I'd have a silver Mini Cooper, a navy blue Vespa, and a black Jaguar (S-Type)... this of course doesn't include all of the vintage cars I'd have "if money were no object." And all of my new cars would have power windows, doors, mirrors, seats, and moonroof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home