Nova Mim

Monday, August 09, 2004

Olympic Fever... or Not

I didn't even know that the Olympics were starting this week... I think that alternating the Olympics every 2 years has made it less meaningful. I used to look forward to them but now it's like they never stop. At least the networks finally stopped doing that Olympic countdown:

The 50 millionth Olympic Games is only 978 days away!

Right, I'll put it right in my datebook. Plus, there's no drama anymore... no boycotts or hostages* (I hope) or divers smackin' heads on the springboard. Maybe there is and I'm just not paying enough attention. There was that "will Athens be ready?" drama but it seemed to go away when Athens got ready. Oh well, I'll give it a chance...

*I'd like to clarify that I don't want any hostages at the Olympics or anywhere else. Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home