Nova Mim

Monday, December 29, 2003

So I hope everyone had a great holiday... mine was pretty low key.

I went to my family's (Dad's side) annual Christmas Eve party which was much more subdued because of Grandma's stroke. She was really always the life of the party - taking all night to open her gazillion gifts. This year, some little girl who's not even related ripped open all her presents and shoved them aside in seconds. And the party was over at about 10pm... we didn't even toast for my Aunt Holly's bday like we always do. But it was still nice to see everyone, I don't see them nearly enough.

And Christmas Day, I slept in and then went over to my Mom's for dinner and then went to my Christmas Day movie: Cold Mountain. Not exactly a fun Christmas movie... in fact I nicknamed it Depressing Mountain. But a very well-made depressing movie. It'll probably win a few awards. Nicole Kidman was stunning in it. But then again she's stunning in everything.

The day after Xmas, I braved the crowds for a bit of post-holiday sale action at Donzell's. If I ever win the lottery, that place will be one the first places I go shopping at. Friday night I watched the Extended Edition of The Fellowship of the Rings, which was great.

Saturday - once again I slept in and then went over to Shani-banani's to give everyone gifts. And let me tell you - that lil' William - so cute. He's got this "making eyes" thing he does... adorable. It was a nice visit, except the whole never ending Sound of Music playing in the background. Not one of my favorite movies.

And finally Sunday - nothing. Just nothing. It was great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home