Nova Mim

Thursday, March 25, 2004

I'm not ashamed to say that I love The O.C. I avoided it at first as I usually do with overly-hyped shows (plus it's on opposite "Angel," which I was making a half-assed attempt to follow this season - keyword here: was). Anywho - my mom (of all people) kept asking me if I watched it so I gave it a shot. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it... much for the same reason that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Las Vegas on NBC. It's the perfect balance of comedy and soap- opera- like drama. It's got actors who I've always liked - Peter Gallagher & Tate Donovan and new, younger, hot actors who seem to actually be able to act. And the storylines are nicely balanced between the adults and teens. I could go on and on... and I will.

My one problem with the show is a problem I have with a lot of other soapy shows... the main female character. Your always supposed to feel sympathy for this character and wish that they'd end up with the main guy (at least until next week's episode) - in the case of Las Vegas it's Mary and in The OC's case it's Marissa. Maybe it her creepy resemblance a praying mantis or her slightly lispy voice or her awful wardrobe but there's something about Marissa that I just don't get...

And I had a completely different point to this post which I have now forgotten... I'll think about it over some power yoga.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home