Nova Mim

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Boom!

Did you hear that Mount St. Helens might erupt soon? It probably just be a small eruption, meaning it probably won't take half the mountain top off this time.

I've been slightly obsessed with Mount St. Helens since I was a kid. I used to watch the movie all the time. And now I'll stop everything if I find a documentary about it on TV... it's even a goal of mine to hike it one day. Volcanoes amaze me more than any other natural phenomenon. Screw hurricanes and earthquakes, there so overdone.* Anywho - there is this cool VolcanoCam on the Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument website. It updates every five minutes, so you just might be able to catch this eruption live-ish (of course, if you have a TV handy, you could catch it a whole lot live-er, but only if you watch news channels all day). Unless of course, it erupts at night or before the fog lifts in the morning... because then the VolcanoCam just looks broken.

*Calm it, I'm just kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home