Nova Mim

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

15 and Getting Straight

Yep, I think 15 and Getting Straight might be my favorite After School Special. It was probably one of the last ones and it starred Drew Barrymore, Corey Feldman and Tatum O'Neal. It was about stupid teen drug addicts in some stupid rehab center where TATUM O'NEAL was a drug counseler... hee. Corey Feldman played the angry teenage boy addict/alcholic/rebel and Drew Barrymore played the angry teenage girl addict/alcholic/bulimic. I could never get over thinking that they were all shooting up between scenes... because you'd have to be stoned to deal with starring in this career killing special. The only one who got out alive was Drew... Ha! I just realized if you abbreviate After School Special you get ASS. How perfect!

Anywho - the new ASS DVD's? Coolest. Packaging. Ever.



It's a Trapper Keeper... fucking hilarious.

Oh, I also really loved the faux-ASS with Ally McBeal as a bulimic who discards her discards in jars in her closet. Eww! Reason No. 5463 why I could never be bulimic... heh, so I guess it worked.

And then there's the classic anti-drug ASS, where Helen Hunt jumps out the window while on LSD or some other drug. That one just made me laugh. I mean, trying to convince us that if you do drugs, even once, you might lose it & jump out of a window? Puh-lease. I've known a lot of drugsters in my life and I've never seen/heard anything so ridiculous. But don't do drugs anyway, mm-kay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home