Nova Mim

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Jacinda Barrett

So I'm watching Letterman last night when on comes the Ladder 49 trailer. And faster than you can say faux-Tivo, I'm rewinding my TV over and over trying to figure out if that could really be Jacinda Barrett* playing the love interest of Joaquin Phoenix. And holy shit, it is. Wow! For those who don't live in the same pop culture bubble as me, Jacinda Barrett is a former Real Worlder. The Real World: London (season 4) to be exact. My favorite castmember from my second favorite season (San Fran was my #1 fave).

I've always rooted for Jacinda because she moved on after her season ended and never looked back. Unlike some, she's quietly pursued an acting career and steered clear of the recent gasping-for-more-airtime reunions and Real World/Road Rules challenges. She was on one of my favorite blink or you'll miss it TV series: Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane (which starred then-unknown Selma Blair). Then she moved on to two short-lived dramas DC and Citizen Baines. I loved Citizen Baines. Anywho - that was the last I remember hearing about her until she popped up on the Ladder 49 commercial. I guess she's also in the upcoming Bridget Jones sequel. Hmmm, good for her.

*yes, she's where I got the name Jacinda from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home