Nova Mim

Sunday, April 20, 2003

The Great Easter Peacock Escape!

What are peacocks doing on the loose in Wayne County? My mom and I were driving to Wooster this evening and there were (I kid you not) about 15-20 peacocks trying to cross Friendsville Rd. They had some white bird friends with them, too... there's no such thing as a white peacock is there? They looked just like peacocks with the plume and all, only white. I don't know. Anywho - they didn't seem to terribly smart about crossing the road, one nearly committed suicide in front of my mom's truck. I was sure we'd see at least one dead on the road on the way back. They must have got lucky, though... I wonder if whoever owned them noticed they were gone and re-captured them yet? Crazy, eh?

I wish I'd had my camera with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home