Nova Mim

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Wondering what my theme-reading topic is for May? Why it's Popular Culture and Philosophy. As someone who has never bothered with learning about philosophy, I thought this would be a good intro. And lucky for me there is a Popular Culture and Philosophy Series that includes some of my favorite tv shows of all time. So here's my book list:

Seinfeld and Philosophy: A Book about Everything and Nothing

The Simpsons and Philosophy: The D'oh! of Homer

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Philosophy: Fear and Trembling in Sunnydale

Thank God, I found the Buffy book or I may have had to resort to The Matrix and Philosophy for my 3rd book. And that would have meant propping my eyes open with toothpicks to try and sit through that movie again. That's right people, there are actually a few movies that I can't stand and The Matrix is near the top of that list. In fact, I have never been able to stay awake to see it straight through in one sitting. And that's after 3 or 4 tries, including one where my friend Luke kept poking me in the eye with his finger to try and keep me awake. It was my own fault for buying him the DVD...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home