Nova Mim

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

I don't like concerts... therefore I don't go to a lot of concerts. Not the sit in a club and listen to some local group kinda deals and not outdoor music festivals where there's usually more to do than sit around but famous singer/band arena types. Why? They cost too much, they require me to stand or sit still in seriously crowded places, they rarely play the music you really want to hear, the music they do play rarely sounds as great as the album version, and they are extremely short, you get to hear like ten songs or something. Of course, I have exceptions to this rule.

For instance, Neil Diamond is always exempt. He's the first concert I ever went to (I was pretty young, probably 2nd or 3rd grade age) and the last concert I went to (in late 2001). And he still puts on a great show, although a little more subdued from the ones he gave in the 70's & 80's. And then there are those who I'd see, maybe once, if given the opportunity; Madonna, Sting and maybe one or two more that I can't think of right now.

Knowing all of this, Sage is always wondering who I'd make this exception for and I found a new one today...

Simon and Garfunkel eyeing reunion tour

Wouldn't that be cool! If it actually happens that is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home