Nova Mim

Friday, August 22, 2003

I'd like to add this to my list of ways I don't want to die...

Malfunctioning elevator kills man

And how freaky is this statistic:

"Elevators and escalators kill about 30 and injure about 17,100 people each year in the United States, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Consumer Product Safety Commission"

I've always been wary of escalators myself, ever since my brother got knocked down one and took me with him. It took years before either one of us would even get on an escalator again. Now, I'll hop on one but not without some major obsessing about where other people are on it and other crazy things... sure, it happened like 20 years ago but things that hurt a lot tend to stick with you. Much like the time I got my arm stuck in the staircase railing at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. For 2 hours. Surprising painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home