Nova Mim

Friday, May 28, 2004

Pop Quiz

So I'm watching a Friends rerun last night. It was The One Where Chandler Doesn't Like Dogs. It's a Thanksgiving episode and Ross won't eat dinner until he names all 50 states. He can't remember one, yada yada yada... you get the point. Anyway, I thought this was lame so I decided to test myself and try to name the states myself.

It's actually a very frustrating process... try it. This is how it will go. You'll immediately get 46 of them, like I'd say within 5 minutes. At this point you'll be chuckling to yourself, "hehehe, this is so easy!" Then it'll take you about 15 additional minutes to remember 3 more. Then it'll all be down to one and I'll bet you it'll take you hours to think of it. Or you'll just give up and look up the answer which we'll almost certainly be one of the states west of Illinois that are all sorta shaped the same. Go ahead, try it.

I'm not ashamed to say that I never got the last one and finally looked it up... I mean, I remembered all the important ones. Hee. Why do we need 50 states anyway? Or even better, why ONLY 50 states? Why not 62 or 75? And don't tell me we ran out of space... I mean we got Alaska & Hawaii, didn't we? I hear there are some very nice islands in the Caribbean. And Mexico & Canada? We could take them. Let's stop pretending we wouldn't all be happy with world domination... personally I think we should start with Australia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home