Nova Mim

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Good Looking People

There are some unusual people on my magazine covers this month. Not that the people themselves are unusual but the choice to put them on the cover sounds odd...

First up - David Beckham on the cover of Vanity Fair:



Now you won't hear me complain that the shirtless Becks is on the cover. I mean, look at him... I thought it was just another rumor like when Posh & Becks were going to be on the cover of Vogue last year. So I was happy when I opened my mailbox and Becks popped out. But I do expect that there will be more than a few letters in next months issue. Why? Cause he's still not very known in America and he's not considered very high culture and people are dumb. I'll take him and Posh anytime. And if you don't know who David Beckham is then you don't read my blog enough.

I get Vanity Fair and Elle in the mail on the same day. So when I found Becks in my mailbox, he wasn't alone. Xtina was in there, too:



I wouldn't have thought that Christina Aguilera would ever appear on a fashion magazine cover but she does and she does it well. The pictures from the article were gorgeous:



And I gained new found respect for her when I read that that Evanescence chick thinks Christina "goes against everything feminism stands for."

I thought about that for a half a second and then said, "the fuck?" I may not agree with everything Xtina says or does or wears but she's pretty much the living definition of true feminism. Sure, she's not a poster girl for the puritanical bullshit feminism that Amy Lee is thinking of. But I'll take her over a girl singing love songs to God any day. Therefore, I promise never to refer to her as "Super Skank" again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home