Nova Mim

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Just Like I Said...

Remember when I was ranting about Project Runway and how the judges shouldn't be telling Austin that his wedding dress isn't a wedding dress? And how my argument was: "I've followed fashion for half of my life and I've seen some pretty wanky wedding gowns go down the runway." Well, just to prove my point, here is Jean Paul Gaultier's take on the wedding dress for Haute Couture Spring 2005:



Now, I'm not saying this dress is horrible or anything cause I love me some JPG... what I am saying is it's up to the designer to interpret the clothes and the consumer to decide whether they'd wear it or not. And while I realize that Project Runway is a competition and the judges reserve the right not to like an outfit, I don't think they should be allowed to make grand sweeping statements about whether something is or isn't what the designer intended it to be. I'm just saying.

Meanwhile, back to ranting about Project Runway... DOWN WITH WENDAROSA! I can't believe they sent home Kevin over Wendy last night. If she makes it to the top 3, I'm going to... I don't know what I'll do but I'll be pissed!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home