Nova Mim

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Poor Sexy Alexei

Did anyone watch the Olympics last night? The gymnastics high bar in particular?

Personally, I feel bad for both Paul Hamm and Alexei Nemov. I admittedly don't understand how gymnastics is scored so it may just seem like Nemov's routine was more difficult than Hamm's. Plus I don't tend to notice the tiny mistakes the judges are suppose to... but it does seem like Nemov got screwed over and if I'd have been there, I probably would have joined in on the ruckus over his score. But I would have shut up when Paul Hamm's score was posted because it's not like he's some evil gymnast... I still think he is worthy of his all-around gold even if there was a scoring mistake. And he totally doesn't deserve to be booed because of the what the judges do.

Gymnastics Fans Sound Their Fury in Athens

But let's say I was judging the high bar competition. Here's how my untrained eyes would have scored it:

Gold - Alexei Nemov
Silver - Paul Hamm
Bronze - Morgan Hamm

I just feel like Morgan Hamm deserved a medal for being the only guy who stuck his landing. I might have picked the Italian guy but if I couldn't remember his name, he clearly didn't make a big impression on me. And now after the gymnastic exhibitions tonight, I'm totally done with these Olympics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home