Nova Mim

Monday, August 23, 2004

Weekend Update

It's a good thing I'm going on a super strict budget next month because expensive weekends are also very exhausting!

Friday evening: Joined Rocky, Sage, Alicia, Deborah, and Mike the Northside bar for the relocated Nantucket Nights. It was loud but good. Then we headed to Two Amigos for dinner where we were told there was an hour wait. So we killed some time at Metropolis (formally Babylon) where I enjoyed a Blue Berry Martini. Yum. 15 minutes later our table was ready and I had a delicious grilled chicken mexican pizza. And just like that the night was over. Back at home by 10 pm (lame), I settled in to watch Monk and continued the hunt for my Grandma's b-day present. After I found it, I poured myself a congratulatory drink! Then I stepped on a magazine, lost my footing, fell, broke the glass, spilled my drink and bruised my right leg & arm... Ouch! Then I sat my ass down on my couch and watched Friday's GH and Before Sunrise. End Friday.

Saturday: I started my day early at 9:30 (!!), left my place about 11 for the bank, Starbucks and an oil change. Then I picked up my brother and went to my Mom's house. We started going through the attic including an old toy box... Unfortunately, we didn't find any action figures to sell on eBay. But I did find lots of shoes for my old Barbie who I dressed all 80's trashy and renamed Paris Hilton. Anywho - we trashed a good amount of stuff and then ordered pizza. Mmmm. Afterwards, I went to Shani's where I learned (once again) that you can't reason with a 7 year-old. We watched Starsky & Hutch. It was pretty funny. Then we watched EdTV. Then I went home cause it was 2:30...

Sunday: Woke up at 11:00 and went back to the bank. Then went home, ran across the street for coffee at the local unStarbucks and then up the street for the some Art in the Park. It was cool. I didn't buy anything. Then Alicia picked me up and we headed to Legacy Village where we met Pat & Sandy for lunch and shopping. we ended up checking out Crate & Barrel, Joseph-Beth Books, Z Gallerie, April Cornell, and Lush Boutique. I ended up with a very cool beaded bracelet, two magnets and some mints. Plus a wedding present for my cousin, Laura. Then we headed to the 2-story Target which I expected to be the coolest Target ever but was just Target with an escalator for your shopping cart. Then it was movie time. We saw Before Sunset which was just as good as the first. I loved it. My only complaint is that Ethan Hawke is too damn skinny these days. And my other only complaint is that the screen was too small. And finally we went to Coventry for dinner at the Winking Lizard. Also good. Then home. Then bed. Then Monday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home